A Little European Humor

I have loved living in Italy becasue I feel like I have learned so much about the people and culture here. It has been fun to explore Europe too over the last few years- I have learned a lot about each country's history and culture. I feel that my perspective on life and people and what makes a nation great has grown leaps and bounds. I have learned that we all have strengths and weakness and that while we are diverse in many ways we have more in common than we have in difference.

Anyway, my reason for mentioning any of that was to set the stage for the humorous e-mail Robert sent me a few days ago. I hope you appreciate it as much as I did.

When a German doesn't know something...
HE LEARNS IT.
When an American doesn't know something...
HE PAYS TO LEARN IT.
When a British doesn't know something...
HE BETS ON IT.
When a French doesn't know something...
HE PRETENDS HE KNOWS IT.
When a Spanish doesn't know something...
HE ASKS FOR AN EXPLANATION.
When a Greek doesn't know something...
HE CHALLENGES YOU ON WHO IS RIGHT.
When an Irish doesn't know something...
HE DRINKS ON IT.
When a Swiss doesn't know something...
HE STUDIES IT.
When an Italian doesn't know something...
HE TEACHES IT!!!

http://www.atlasnetwork.org/networknews/wp-content/uploads/flags-globe-thumb541425.jpg

Telling and true, hu? I am grateful for it though. The world would be a terrible mess if we were all the same, don't you think?! I guess diversity really does make the world go round!

2 comments:

  • Bonnie | March 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM

    Good one! Robert is funny! Reminds me of that one I sent you! Expecting snow in Provo today and tomorrow. Oh goodie!

  • Jim | March 14, 2010 at 10:55 PM

    Remember teaching 'water aerobics' in Mississippi? As I recall you were a great teacher and you did prove the point that the best way to learn something is to teach it...besides you ARE part Italian!

    My love to you all

    Love,Dad