A Big Good-bye

Well, the day of our big good-bye finally came and is now almost over.  I still cannot believe it.  After lots of hugs and a final goodbye at the airport, the tears began to flow, a lot.  It really surprised me (becasue intellectually I still can not comprehend what is happening).  My copious tears and not-so-silent sobs surprised the boys too.  I don't think they have ever seen me cry like that before but they were great.  They hugged me and comforted me with, 'It is okay Mom, he will come back soon" and "Every day he is gone is one day closer to his homecoming."  It was very sweet.
 


At the end of the day, I feel very humbled and very blessed.  Humbled becasue I can see the hand of the Lord in my life leading and preparing me for such a time as this.  Humbled by the thought of the countless families who have dutifully done what we are doing.  Humbled becasue I know I can not do this on my own.  And blessed because we are literally surrounded by caring and supportive people.  Blessed becasue I know that God lives and that His plan for us is perfect; even when hard things are required of us, even when I don't have the eyes to see how things will work out, even when I am tired and lonely and uncertain.  Blessed by His love and His grace.

0 comments: