Journal of Thanks (Jan- Feb 08)

  • I am thankful for good friends! I was sick yesterday (REALLY sick) and everyone was so kind. They called and brought food and prayed for me- it was amazing!
  • I am thankful for good music. Today Ross woke up crying because "he couldn't stop thinking about bad things". I held him and tried to talk to him about it but nothing seemed to help. Then I started singing to him and immediately I could feel the tension leave his body- it was remarkable!
  • I am thankful for the lessons I have learned about myself and the compassion I have gained for others through the experiences our family has had with Navy deployments. I will never look at another single mom or military wife the same again. It seems that the toughest trials in life have produced in me the greatest love and understanding for others- I am grateful for that.
  • I am thankful for the organization of the Church. I love that I can go anywhere in the world and instantly have a network of support among Church members. It is such a remarkable thing to me and such an incredible blessing!
  • I am thankful for memories because they are, as the poet wrote, "June roses in the Decembers of our life"
  • I am thankful for my good friend Rayna. She is just so fun and so real. She is one of those people I can talk to about anything without feeling judged. She is confident in herself yet honest about her struggles- I love that! I am so grateful to have her in my life!
  • The Song "He Is" by Hillary Weeks. I had a few friends over for lunch yesterday and I shared it with them- they all loved the words and I think they all felt the Spirit! I love songs like that!
  • I am thankful for Spencer's 3rd grade teacher, Ms. Hail. She is a remarkable women and a fantastic teacher. She teaches with love and kindness yet is firm and expects the children to be responsible and obedient. She teaches to the WHOLE child- incorporating life skills and moral lessons into all that she does. Spencer is so blessed to have her this year!
  • I am thankful for automated car washes.
  • I am thankful for a knowledge and testimony of the restored Priesthood of God. I am grateful to know that through its power, we have a living prophet to speak for the Lord in the latter days.
  • I am thankful for my wonderful family and good friends who made my birthday a fantastic day!
  • I am thankful for my wonderful family and good friends who made my birthday a fantastic day!
  • I am thankful for the smell of fresh baked bread.
  • I am thankful for the early hours of the morning- when I can think and plan and prepare for the day.
  • I am thankful for afternoon naps- I haven't taken one in a while but they are wonderful and refreshing whenever I do.
  • I am thankful for a clean, organized, comfortable house.
  • I am thankful for warm houses on cold rainy days.
  • I am thankful for the counsel of a living Prophet. His words are my moral anchor in a world of ever changing values. I am grateful for the purpose and direction his counsel gives to my life.
  • I am thankful for Rosanna my Italian house keeper. She is the sweetest lady around and she does a great job too!! Yesterday she was humming "Rock-a-bye-Baby" while she cleaned- how cute is that?
  • I am thankful for sleeping children at the end of a hard day.
  • I am thankful for Robert. He is the most loving, gentle, supportive husband a girl could ask for! He is patient and kind and he never complains (even when he has reason to). Robert is intelligent and funny but most of all he is genuienly good. He is my best friend and one true love.

1 comments: