So after the whole auto port melt down yesterday we got the in the car to come home and Ross asked, "Mommy, are you mad at us?" I felt terrible. I told him I wasn't mad at him just mad at the situation we were in. Spencer said (something he hears Robert say often), "What can we do to help Mom?" (I love that boy) I thanked him for the offer but told him I couldn't think of anything. After we got home and I finished furiously typing my last post Spencer came down stairs and said, "I know what I can do to help Mom- I can make dinner." I told him I thought that would be fantastic. So we went up stairs and scrambled 8 eggs, made two box of Mac and Cheese (the last of our emergency dinner stash) and toasted 4 pieces of bread. It took about an hour but he did an amazing job! Ross and I both agreed it was one of the best dinners we had ever eaten! It was SO nice to have someone else call me up to dinner to a change (never mind the 3 hours worth of cleaning up it took to put the kitchen back together). What really touch me was Spencer's thoughtfulness and willingness to work for the family. Honestly, who could be up set about anything with that kind of love and support from a 9 year old boy! I decided right then and there that I had better stop complaining and feeling sorry for myself and start counting my blessings.
My Journal of Thanks
- I am thanksful for vacations days- when the boys are home and we can sleep in and snuggle and play all day.
My Favorite Things
- Super Sparkly Christmas Decor!
My Miss List
- I miss having someone to talk to.
My Favorite Links
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
CYBERweek 20187 years ago
-
Authentic French Living8 years ago
-
-
Getting into the swing of things...10 years ago
-
Oakwood Basketball 2015-201610 years ago
-
Goodbye Animals10 years ago
-
-
The Big Chicken Experiment12 years ago
-
Music & Catnip13 years ago
-
Summer JOY14 years ago
-
FUN RUN14 years ago
-
Eye Candy For the Home!14 years ago
-
Look who is 4!!15 years ago
-
Holidays are here!15 years ago
-
I am Thankful15 years ago
-
New Christmas Soap!15 years ago
-
-
-
-
Powered by WordPress
©
My Moment in Time - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.
RaYnA | September 23, 2008 at 7:22 AM
Lou! That is awesome. I have been home sick but as soon as I get back, I promise, the car situation will be fixed, no one deserves that. If we can do anything, please let us know.
LOVE YOU GUYS!
Bonnie | September 23, 2008 at 11:51 AM
This is such a sweet post...do you mind if I copy it over for the book of my blog to be printed in November? Love the look of adoration for a big brother this photo depicts! Love you, Mom
Jen Stewart | September 23, 2008 at 3:31 PM
Hey Bean-I'm missing you too! It's a very pumpkin patchy kind of day here too!
Your boys are growing up so much. Piper talks about Spencer all the time. The other day she found a book that they made together a few years ago about the planets. It is hilarious! I need to copy it for you and send it over. I think it was the year that Ross and Spencer were really into that song about the solar system. Anyway- FUNNY!