Ross Turns Seven!

Today Ross celebrated his 7th Birthday! He is SEVEN YEARS OLD- can you believe it? Wow. Last night we were snuggling and it occurred to me for the first time that I don't have little kids any more. Without really knowing it I have entered a new stage in life. It is actually a little scary- I mean, I still think of my boys as my babies but they are really growing up and it is a delight to watch.

Anyway, Ross's birthday has been great. Here are a few pictures from the day- enjoy!

Ross is delighted to discover his "Birthday Basket" which contains all his birthday gifts and a game to open them slowly and enjoy the process all day long!

Ross's first birthday gift... Lego's from Grandma and Grandpa. I think he likes it- how about you?

Breakfast pancakes- yum! Ross took cupcakes to school yesterday and will have a party next weekend so this is the birthday "cake" of the day!

Ross spent much of the morning putting together his Lego project- he LOVES Lego's and had tons of fun!

Silly Ross!

What time he did not spend on the first Lego project- he spent on this one! He has been wanting this set for quite some time and we were delighted we were able to get it for him.

This is a picture of Ross enjoying his daily dose of The Incredible Machine. What a kid!

Ross is such a great boy. He has added to much love and laughter to our lives. I can hardly imagine what our family would be like without him. He is funny and confident. He is sensitive and social. He is smart and fast. He is completely honest (sometimes too honest) and sincerely wants to do what is right. He loves a thrill and is ALWAYS looking for some kind of adventure. He knows how to enjoy life- to see the good- to have fun. He is a great boy!

We love you Ross- Happy Birthday Dude!

2 comments: