The Cat is out of the Bag

I had to give a talk on Gratitude last Sunday in Sacrament Meeting- I acutally love giving talks in church so it really was not a big deal. Anyway, after the meeting one of the men in the congregation came up to me and said, "Sister Wadsworth, your talk...it was very...oh what is the word in English... it was very exhaustive!" I cracked up. It would not have been half as funny if I had not spoken 15 minutes longer than I was supposed to. I tried to convince myself that his comment was meant to be a complement and that he simple made a slight grammatical error- that perhaps he meant to say, my talk was thorough or complete. But who I am kidding- the cat is out of the bag, I am a long, tiring, boring (and adjective suggested by Spencer when I read him what I was writing) speaker!

Mama Mia- what am I going to do with myself?

3 comments:

  • Bonnie | November 24, 2009 at 8:51 AM

    First of all I love this photo! perfect for many different post ideas. Secondly you are not a boring or exhaustive speaker. Moms know these things. It is funny the guy said it though.

  • Anonymous | November 24, 2009 at 10:13 AM

    Laura you are not boring at all. I truly miss hearing you talk. This was all just a lost in intranslation and in the case of Spencer...well, he was just trying to be helpful for a word....surely he does not find his mother boring. Although I will not test this by asking Joshua if he thinks I am boring. I do not want to get my feeling hurt. I would rather stay in my happy bubble.

  • utahfamily | November 25, 2009 at 3:54 AM

    Laura,
    Don't dispare!
    (You know your spelling is bad when spell check can't decipher what you are trying to say)
    You are not the only one who feels like that. Every time I get up to give a talk I feel like I did not connect with my thoughts and was rambling.
    Believe me, your talk was great. It really inspired me to be more grateful for the little things.
    What would life be without you. I don't even dare to think.
    Sister Warner