Celebrating One Year in Naples!

Last Saturday (August 2nd) our family celebrated one year living in Naples. I can't believe how fast the time has gone! It has been a trying year for our family- full of trials and heartache beyond our wildest expectations. But has been a time of learning and growth too and for that I can't help but be grateful. Over the last 12 months we have had a chance to make new friends, see new things and experience the Italian culture in a way that has changed our outlook on life in a profound way. We hope the next two year are filled with love, laughter, and more (but less painful) learning. We also hope it is filled with lots of great memories of family and friends visiting us here. There are only 2 years left- so start planning/ saving now!

3 comments:

  • Jen Stewart | August 11, 2008 at 5:03 PM

    We are coming next august, the end of august. Just me and the big girls. We won't stay long but can we sleep on your floor?

  • laura.elizabeth | August 12, 2008 at 1:44 AM

    Are you really coming?! Wow, that is SOOO exciting to me! Next August...like August 2009? Okay... so you HAVE to stay long and I wouldn't even consider having you sleep on the floor! Nothing but the best for you guys. I am so excited. Seriously, your visit gives me something to look forward to- I needed that.

  • Bonnie | August 12, 2008 at 9:54 AM

    Knowing you will be there for two more years and then could end up in Japan just breaks my heart. I hope we can come over again and that you can come here too. This has been a hard one for me, really hard.