This is a picture of Spencer on his first day of Kindergarten.
Isn't he little and cute?
Isn't he little and cute?

I decided the only reason he was smiling in this picture is because he had no idea what he was getting into with school when I took it. I remember being so proud when I dropped him off that first day- he went in without a fuss while all the other kids were crying and carrying on. I remember thinking, wow, I must be a great mom- my son is so well adjusted. (LOL) The next day and every other day of kindergarten while all the other kids went to class without a fuss Spencer was the one crying and carrying on. Oh my, lets hope my mothering skills had nothing to do with THAT kind of behavior.
Anyway, when I picked him up after school that first day his teacher said, "Spencer is SO funny. Around 10 am he asked when you were going to come a get him. When I told him 2 pm. He said, "oh no, there must be some mistake. My mom wouldn't leave me here that long." I can just hear him saying that- poor kid. I am afraid school has been a tough thing for him from the start but he has done great! We're so proud of you Spencer for working hard and getting good grades. We love you!
Bonnie | August 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM
This is so sweet. I got pangs of missing both this tiny little boy and the MS house. Those were the good old days before Katrina!
Check out his little half in half out teeth. Double clicking gives the details. I guess by now it is apparent that he will always be a home body, don't you think? Thank goodness his brilliance saves him in the grade department. Love our Spencer with all our hearts!
Bonnie | August 12, 2009 at 8:31 AM
If you didn't read yesterday over at my blog how to make ♥s in your blog...run over and check it out.
Bonnie | August 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM
Whatever blogging pill you have taken...we love it! Hugs, Mom
mandy* | August 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM
That is such a cute story!!!