One of my favorite activities on our recent trip was feeding the pigeons at St. Mark's Square. Our first day in Venice we arrived early (long before the crowds) and watched a young boy buy pigeon food from a vendor and feed the hundreds of hungry birds who were ready and waiting in the square. It was so funny to watch. The birds were absolutely fearless- eating right out of the hand of anyone with food. It was so much fun to see. It didn't take long for the boys (and me) to want to join in too. Here are a few pictures of the fun!

Bonnie | April 15, 2008 at 9:42 AM
I will never forget these moments. Your laughter ringing across the square is a heart print for me. Such pleasant memories of days...now gone by.
Jim | April 15, 2008 at 11:17 PM
I second your comments anout your the blissing of a great marrage partner...I feel the same way about Mom.
By the way great pictures of the boys in San Marco Plaza,
Sarah | April 16, 2008 at 2:26 AM
Ah memories...we have a picture of Sam with a pigeon on his head and a really freaked out look in his eyes. It makes me laugh every time I see it...I think he was a little too young to appreciate the super friendly pigeons.
V and Co. | April 17, 2008 at 1:23 AM
love the bird on the head!
laura.elizabeth | April 18, 2008 at 1:03 PM
Sarah- welcome! I am so glad you commented. I can just imagine Sam's face. We had several freaked out faces too, although most of them were on me! We would have loved to go to Venice you and your family- you guys make great traveling companions!
Jim | April 18, 2008 at 11:10 PM
ATTENTION BLOGGERS!!!
Let it be know that I (Laura's very own father and family photographer) have the best (and soon to be published) pictures of these very same birds sitting (and walking) all over Laura!!
laura.elizabeth | April 19, 2008 at 5:22 AM
Can't wait Dad! How did you get pictures I don't have? Share, Share!
Jim | April 20, 2008 at 11:19 PM
Should one wish to view the long awaited photos of "Pigeons on Laura" please check out Jim's blog.