Mrs. Incredible

On our most resent snow trip I had a funny conversation with Ross that I just HAD to share.

We had just arrived back to our room after a day in the snow and the boys and I were removing the MANY layers of clothing we had used to keep us warm and dry. I wasn't paying much attention to the boys but apparently they were watching me because when I took off my snow pants (under which I was wearing a pair of tight thermal pants) Ross said, "Wow, Mom you look just like Mrs. Incredible." I tired to pretend that I didn't know what he meant and asked as nonchalantly as possible, "Really, Ross? Why?" "Well," He said matter-a-factly "Because you have those two big bumps on the side your legs just like she does." Oh, heaven help me!

Why couldn't I have stretchy arms like Mrs. Incredible or her unbelievable strength. Heck, I would even settle for her really cool hair. But no, I get to have her disproportionally huge hips- that is so unfair!!

After feeling sorry for myself for a few minutes I decided it could be worse. I could resemble Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Lets just hope THAT day never comes or that if it does Ross has outgrown his tendency to be overly honest about my appearance!

6 comments:

  • Suebee | January 23, 2009 at 7:23 PM

    I got a really good belly laugh out of that one.

  • V and Co. | January 23, 2009 at 7:36 PM

    oh man you got to love that! hey btw i posted the instructions on the blog underneath the post so you can see how i made the kid's portraits! :)

  • Bonnie | January 23, 2009 at 8:37 PM

    Rossie, Rossie! You are Mrs. Incredible but not because of your hips. I think that was just Ross' way of noticing the difference between the way girls and boys are built. I am glad you are all home safe and sound.

    Appreciated your comment on my design blog That is my next Blissfully Domestic article to be published any time now. Love to all. Your BD $ has cleared our bank which means it is in your checking account. One week to go! Watch for your package~tiny but fun.

  • Jim | January 23, 2009 at 10:00 PM

    That is too funny...Ross needs to write these wild and random thoughts in a journal...then have Robert review each, edit where necessary, talk about what moms like and do not like to hear...and then and only then give him permission to verbalize anything at all. Ya, but what fun would that be?
    We want more posts on the WHOLE week's vacation...with lots of pictures, PLEASE.
    Wew ar5e happy you are home safe and sound. Love to all,
    Love, Dad

  • RaYnA | January 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM

    I think this is great. He is learning the differences between women and men. We, as women, are so lucky to have those bumps. Ross is right, they are one fo the small things that make all of us incredible. What a good compliment!

  • Alessandro and Sara DINI CIACCI | August 22, 2009 at 5:17 PM

    This one is so cool. Laura, we really think you should send a collection of Ross' stories to some producer in Hollywood. Every time we read a story about Ross we think it would make a perfect movie.