I have been thinking a lot lately about my experiences with the California Junior Miss Pageant. It isn't something I have thought much until now but the more I think about it the more grateful I am to have had the opportunity to compete it in. I remember when I was first approached about participating- I was completely opposed. I am just not a pageant kind of girl. I am not sure who or what changed my mind but I am grateful they / it did!
Here are some of the things I learned:
1. Stage presence is more than just looking good on stage- it is being good in life and using the stage to share that goodness with others.
2. Competition is more about being your best self than being better than someone else. It is possible to be competitive and concerned for those you are competing will.
3. It is possible to do your very best and fail and still feel good about what you have done.
4. The audition begins the moment you step out of your car in the parking lot of the building where the auditions are being held.
5. There are a heck of a lot of people in the world who are WAY more talented than me. And their talent dose not diminish mine. There happiness and success dose not make mine less meaningful.
6. I can do difficult things. There were many times at the State Pageant when I wondered why I was there and thought I should just go home but... I didn't. I stayed and I did the best I could even when I knew there was no chance of winning.
These are just some of the things I have been thinking about lately and some of the reasons I am grateful for the experience. Thanks Mom and Dad for supporting me in it and making it possible for me. I know it was difficult financially and otherwise and I just want you to know that I feel like I am still reaping the benefits of your scarafice. Thanks!
My Journal of Thanks
- I am thanksful for vacations days- when the boys are home and we can sleep in and snuggle and play all day.
My Favorite Things
- Super Sparkly Christmas Decor!
My Miss List
- I miss having someone to talk to.
My Favorite Links
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
CYBERweek 20187 years ago
-
Authentic French Living8 years ago
-
-
Getting into the swing of things...10 years ago
-
Oakwood Basketball 2015-201610 years ago
-
Goodbye Animals10 years ago
-
-
The Big Chicken Experiment12 years ago
-
Music & Catnip13 years ago
-
Summer JOY14 years ago
-
FUN RUN14 years ago
-
Eye Candy For the Home!14 years ago
-
Look who is 4!!15 years ago
-
Holidays are here!15 years ago
-
I am Thankful15 years ago
-
New Christmas Soap!15 years ago
-
-
-
-
Powered by WordPress
©
My Moment in Time - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.
Anonymous | May 4, 2009 at 5:44 AM
Laura - I always seem to learn something from you. You are such a good person and I love the way you see life.