
A few days ago Spencer was invited to go to a friends house at 1 pm (I have decided that is a really mean trick to play on kids and their parents- especially in the summer time). Anyway, it was all he could do to wait for the afternoon to come. Around 12 pm I started getting lunch ready. I put a big pot of water on the stove to boil. I put the pot on the stove and went to take care of other things but Spencer stayed in the kitchen. After five minutes or so I saw him wonder out of the kitchen into the living room. After another five minutes we went back into the kitchen. He did this several times before he came into the laundry room where I was working and said, "Mom, you know how they say a watched pot never boils? Well, I have made a discovery... a thought about pot never boils either!" I couldn't help myself, laughed out loud because that is such a Spencer thing to say. I love that kid- he is so clever!
mandy* | August 14, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Why are kids so clever?? Your boys' stories crack me up every time! Keep them coming!
Bonnie | August 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Oh, how I do love this little guy. The ache is permanent I think. He is so bright and deep and sweet. I hope he had a wonderful time with his friend. Hugs to all~Love, Mom