Good Books

Today the boys and I finished a book we have been reading together. It was a good book- one we enjoyed reading and one that taught many important truths. And it made me think how much I love good books. How thankful I am for the influence they have in my life. Good books are the vehicle through which I get to experience people and places and cultures I will never have a chance to experience on my own. I am grateful for skilled writers use their talents to lift and bless the lives of others. I am thankful for libraries and book stores and people that appreciate literature.

2 comments:

  • RaYnA | November 12, 2010 at 11:20 PM

    What is the name of the book you three just finished?

  • Bonnie | November 13, 2010 at 1:50 AM

    Oh my gosh, I am shocked you have been writing every day and I have been missing all of these posts. You have to tell me when you post and I don't comment it means I do not know.

    Just finished The Help. Excellent and entertaining, and funny and sad...all the elements of a good read, oh and educational!