FHE with Brother Ross

This year for Family Home Evening we are using the Preach My Gospel manual. Each month we study a different chapter and each week we have a different theme (if take the guess work out of planning for me). Anyway, last night Ross asked if he could teach the lesson for FHE. We decided it would be fun and funny to see what he would come up with, so we agreed. Ross began the lesson by writing this on the board. It says, "Preach My Gospel" For the activity Ross had Spencer draw a picture of a missionary and Ross wrote," Missionaries- listen to the gospel!"
My favorite part of the whole night though was the memorization Ross had us do. He said, "Okay guys, everyone say what I say... let's get addicted to the gospel!" Oh my, I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry- I decided to laugh because (as Sister Hinckley used to say) crying give me a headache.

3 comments:

  • Jen Stewart | March 4, 2008 at 3:35 PM

    I seriously need a shot of Ross over here at my house! My girls are getting so grown up and serious--I need a little light hearted, fun loving, Ross-ish-ness!

  • V and Co. | March 4, 2008 at 11:52 PM

    okay next time i feel a "spell" of crys comming on i'll remember that! kudos to the kids for wanting take on fhe!
    ps: did you still want that framed stitchery? if so give me your address via email, and ifound out it wont cost an arm and a leg! but i have to know your address to know exactly how much it would cost

  • Bonnie | March 6, 2008 at 8:31 AM

    Laura that is one of the funniest things I have ever heard and proves my point about the overuse of the word addiction in our society. Yesterday on the phone I asked Ross if he was addicted to the gospel and he said...Well, not so much but Spencer is..he has been baptized! I said, "So Ross, what is addicted anyway? He goes, "You know Gramma, it is when you are stuck like glue to something and it is stuck to you and you can't get rid of it!" Pretty good definition, don't you think?