My Buns

I had a hillarious conversation with Ross last night and could not resist posting it on my blog. Ross was sitting in our kitchen on a stool talking to me while I made dinner. I had just walked accross the room to throw something in the trash can when Ross asked, "Hey mom, how come girls buns wiggle when the walk?" "RRROOOSSS!" said Spencer as he turned three shade of red. I laughed. Ross said defensively, "Well they do!" Given my recent expereince being mistaken as a pregnant women, I couldn't let this one go. So I asked "Whoes buns are to talking about and what do you mean "wiggle"?" Ross said, "YOUR buns and you know, they move up and down when you walk." Mamma Mia! I guess my buns are just about eye level for him and they do command a lot of attention (becasue compared to his they are HUGE) But I was feeling ever so slightly self conscious and needed a little clarification so I asked, "Do you mean wiggle or jiggle Ross? There is a big difference!" I could tell he was not sure what I meant so I expalined, "Wiggle is when they move up and down. Jiggle is when they move all over- like a bowl full of jelly." We all started laughing. "Just wiggle mom, just wiggle!" Phew- that was a close one! I knew I could count on my kids to tell me the truth.

4 comments:

  • mandy* | November 21, 2008 at 10:10 AM

    That conversation is too cute!!!

  • Bonnie | November 21, 2008 at 11:12 AM

    This is hilarious! I guess we sometimes forget that being short give a definite different vantage point for seeing the world. Too funny! And I can just see Spencer turning red too! They are so cute!

    I hope that soon you can just go to your computer instead of the base for blogging and e-mail. Bummer!

  • RaYnA | November 21, 2008 at 12:29 PM

    Laura. This is awesome. The last Sunday we had Primary, Ross was walking in the hallway and he goes, "Sister Rayna, I think we have all been wondering where do you get your shoes. I laughed and told him the store, then I told him, Ross I think you should be getting to class, he then Spencer looked at me and said "well, the real question here is how do you walk in them?" I love your children.

  • Gail Victoria | December 10, 2008 at 9:48 PM

    Laura, your stories about Ross reminded me of when we were at your parents house and you were pregnant with Spenser. Thomas was about three then and I had explained to him earlier about how you had a baby growing inside of you.

    Picture this, a whole room full of people, Thomas sitting on my lap and facing me. He pokes me on my not so tiny belly and says, "GG, do you have a baby growing in there?" I laughed, although most in the room were silent, and I replied, "No Thomas I do not have a baby inside." A very short two seconds later he says, "Then what do you have growing in there?

    That story always makes me laugh!

    Aunt Gail