This morning we read a portion of the scriptures that referred to the story of Adam and Eve. After we were done Spencer asked, "So Mom, what is the deal with Adam and Eve again?" Apparently it had been a while since we talked about it so I told him I would tell him the story on the way to school. Once we got in the car I started in with the whole story from the beginning. The boys were really attentive and I thought things were going really well. When I get to the part where Adam and Eve were "cast out" of the garden Spencer asked in all seriousness, "Mom, how did they know where to find the exit?" Oh Spencer! We all laughed! I tired to get things back on track hoping that maybe they would learn something important. But then we get to the part where Adam and Ever wonder in the wilderness and build an alter seeking direction from God. And Ross said, "Well, if God was in the garden... and Adam wanted to talk to him... why didn't he just go yell over the fence." OH ROSS! So much for learning something important.
Why are kids so funny?! Seriously, I have read about, pondered on, and been taught this story a thousand times in my life and never once have I even considered these questions. Oh, to be a child again!
My Journal of Thanks
- I am thanksful for vacations days- when the boys are home and we can sleep in and snuggle and play all day.
My Favorite Things
- Super Sparkly Christmas Decor!
My Miss List
- I miss having someone to talk to.
My Favorite Links
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
CYBERweek 20187 years ago
-
Authentic French Living8 years ago
-
-
Getting into the swing of things...10 years ago
-
Oakwood Basketball 2015-201610 years ago
-
Goodbye Animals10 years ago
-
-
The Big Chicken Experiment12 years ago
-
Music & Catnip13 years ago
-
Summer JOY14 years ago
-
FUN RUN14 years ago
-
Eye Candy For the Home!14 years ago
-
Look who is 4!!15 years ago
-
Holidays are here!15 years ago
-
I am Thankful15 years ago
-
New Christmas Soap!15 years ago
-
-
-
-
Powered by WordPress
©
My Moment in Time - Designed by Matt, Blogger templates by Blog and Web.
Powered by Blogger.
Powered by Blogger.
Bonnie | May 29, 2009 at 9:57 AM
Those two, honestly! Your boys have always had such inquiring minds, haven't they? I love it. Happy Birthday to Robert! Love to all~ Ma
Anonymous | May 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM
Great memories, Laura!!!!!