Bern Switzerland

Here are a few pictures from Bern- one of my favorite cities in the world! Enjoy.

A view of the bridge and surrounding area that leads to down town Bern.

The place in Bern where we sat and watched the sunset.
I'll take one of those nice houses on the hill. How about you?

Down Town Bern

If I can't have the house on the hill, I'll settle for one of these on the river.


Beside being clean and beautiful, Bern is extremely posh. The is a picture of the store front display of a floral shop on the main street. Hello. Is this cool or what?

My favorite part...their store sign. Down low on the left hand side was this small plaque - surrounded by real dirt! I'm sorry but THAT is cool.

There were many other very cool shops in Bern and I am happy to say I did not have "non buyers remorse" there. I actually bought a really cool necklace that I love and will always treasure as a reminder of the wonderful week I spent in Bern.

4 comments:

  • Bonnie | June 2, 2008 at 3:20 PM

    Laura, how can I thank you for sharing these photos. Waht a gorgeous place! We are already thinking that our next trip to Italy we need to do Chiavari, Cinque Terra, Milano, Lake Como, Belagio and Berne! What do you think? It looks like you had a fabulous time there and it is so picturesque. Love it and love that you are back on the blog. We have missed you terribly. As we always do.That one bench picture reminds me of the picture in your living room sans the umbrellas.

  • Julie | June 2, 2008 at 3:44 PM

    I love that you are able to drink all of these beautiful sights in. It is an awesome experience you get to be a part of. Enjoy it and please keep sharing.

  • Jim | June 2, 2008 at 11:02 PM

    I am so happy that you all have had a chance to experience some of the beauty of this world. Your pictures are great and make us want to be there with you. I can see why you say that it is the most beautiful country you have been in.
    Have fun in Venice...you lucky dog you!

  • Jen Stewart | June 3, 2008 at 12:12 PM

    Oooooo... we love Bern too! Lowell served there and we went on our Switzerland tour back in 99. So fun! Glad you guys got to go. I hear you are off the Venice again? You lucky girl! Have fun!