My Cub Scouts

Have I mentioned lately that I am a total fan of the Cub Scout program? I think it is fantastic! Not only does it provide needed physical and mental challenges for young boys, the program teaches useful skills that the kids will use throughout their lives. In addition Cub Scouts is structured in such a way as to inspire respect, responsibility and hard work- something I have been trying to teach my boys for years.

Fortunately for us the Cub Scout program here in Naples is really strong. There are about 75 boys in our pack and a large number great adult leaders. We even have a huge outdoor recreational facility to meet where the kids can really get out and do things. Last week the boys and I went Day Camp- it was a blast! We shot BB guns, bows and arrows, climbed rock walls, made and raced rockets, played a zillion games, made a ton of crafts and of course learned one too many silly scout songs! It was great.

Here is a picture of Spencer and his scouting friend William. Aren't they cute?

1 comments: