My Daybook Diary 13 March 2011

Outside my window... it is cold and overcast.  A few weekends ago I thought it was spring.  I cleaned the house from top to bottom and put all of our extra blankets away.  Today I am thinking about getting them back out again.

I am thinking... about all of the expenses we have coming up.

I am wondering... what our finances will look like by the end of the summer.  With all of the projects, traveling, moving and setting up, camps, and outtings- it is going to be an expensive few months.

I am wearing... Grey slacks and a white button down shirt.

I am reading... 1000 Gifts, Women, Food and God, and The Dragon Sanctuary.  I think I am enjoying the Dragon Sanctuary best becasue it is just fluff. 

I am creating... plans, glorious plans.  I creating plans for school for the boys- curriculum, field trips, extra curricular activities for the spring.  I creating plans for the summer- projects, traveling, moving, getting set settled in the new house.  I am creating plans for a family vacation when Robert gets back- I can't decide between Disney World, Hawaii, or a Cruise.  I love planning- life is always perfect in my plans!

I am praying for... direction to know how to help Spencer.  I am praying that Pennfield is the right choice for him.  That he will grown and excel there.  I am praying that he gets in and that we can actually afford to have him there.  I am praying for strength to take whatever comes as a result of that decision- especially while Robert is away.

I am hearing... The hum of the computer.

I am going... to get my stuff super organized so moving this summer is not so stressful.

I am quoting... 

My spiritual thoughts include... how grateful I am for a living Prophet.  This month in Primary we are learning about Prophets ancient and modern.  As I prepared to teach yesterday I was reminded of something my friend taught we a few years ago.  I was teaching a class in RS on prophets and had drawn a picture on the board of a boat on the water with an anchor sinking deep to the bottom of the sea.  I said  "For me, a prophets counsel is like an anchor in the seas of life.  It keeps me on the right path even when the waves get rough."  My friend raised her hand and asked if she could add something to my drawing.  She came up and drew another anchor off the other side of my boat and said, "For me, the counsel of a living prophet is one anchor.  The other anchor is the counsel we have in the scriptures from ancient prophets.  Together, they not only keep me on course but prevent me from being capsized."  I loved her thoughts and think they are so true!
 
Around the house... I have much to do.  We are all picked up but we are in need a a deep spring clean.

Today I miss... My sweet Italian Sisters.


I am hoping... our appointment with Shannon is not postponed AGAIN.
 

I have been procrastinating...too many things to start counting.

One of my favorite things... staying awake on Sunday afternoon and actually doing something productive.  Like reading, writing, going for a walk, planning the week with Robert, talking with the boys.


A few plans for the rest of the week.... school for the boys, sing on the Lepes Rd house, FHE, Karate, scouts, music practice, RS birthday celebration, trip plan, address change cards, Vting.

Here is picture or two to share...
These are oldies but I just love them!  The boys look so cute and have grown SOOO much.  Robert and I look younger and oh so much thinner (sigh).  The good ol' days!

1 comments:

  • Bonnie | March 25, 2011 at 10:26 PM

    Love the photos, the prophets analogy, the singing on the Lepes Rd house1 What are you singing on the house? Just kidding!

    Love you with all of my heart! and just for the record you are cuter now than then. XOXO