My Daybook Diary- 27 March 2010

Outside my window... the sun is shining and it was shining all day- thank heavens! Last time we had our District Relief Society activity and needed to be outside to paint it rained. It was not ideal. BUT today it was sunny, and clear and cool the whole time. It was perfect.


I am thinking... we had a great activity today and I will really miss being in this place among the Sister here.

I am wondering... if the Sisters felt that their day was well spent? I am also wondering if the Sister who did not attend are okay. Sometimes I get sad becasue it seems the Sisters who need these things the most are the ones who chose not to attend.

I am wearing... jeans and a black button down shirt. I felt terrible becasue I forgot my skirt to change into for the spiritual meeting and had to conduct and give my talk in these clothes.

I am reading... Still working on The Diary of Anne Frank and The Uglies. I was tempted to start a new book this week but refrained. I don't want to start anything new until I have finshed what I started.

I am creating... nothing at the moment and it feels great. I am not good at creativity with a deadline. I think my creative juices have been sucked dry for the time being.

I am praying for... help getting through another Sunday in Caserta.  It has been so hard lately and it is no ones fault but my own.


I am hearing... silence.

I am going... to take a nap tomorrow and the clean this messy house.

I am quoting... "if you look at it right the whole world is a garden" The little girl Mary from the Secret Garden. I love this thought and think it is so true. The beauty and goodness of life are completely subjective.




My spiritual thoughts include... my gratitude for answered prayers. for strength to do things that I could not do on my own. For a knowledge that God lives and loves us. That he is aware of our weaknesses but will use us anyway. For the time I have been in Italy working with the Sisters here. For the wonderful women I have met and for the lessons I have learned from them. I know that I was given the opportunity to serve here becasue I had something to give but more importantly becasue I had something to learn. I hope I will always remember those lessons.
 
Around the house... things are a disaster. I am now a day behind on cleaning. I guess I will have to make up for it all on Monday!

Today I miss... my mom and sisters. I thought several times day how much fun it would have been to be at this activity with them. I don't think I have ever done that- I think it is high time we planned something like this as part of a family reunion.

I am hoping... I can make up for this lost work day without affecting Spencer's school work too much.


I have been procrastinating... I don't know. Not becasue there isn't something (I am sure there is) but just becasue my brain is fried.

One of my favorite things... working hard for something and seeing it pay off.

A few plans for the rest of the week.... house, car, yard, store, GMC, Scholastic, NHG blog, picture blog, school, seminary, Dr. appointments, PE... I don't want to think about what else there is to do.

Here is picture to share...

Some of the Sisters and their projects from today. They are great ladies!

0 comments: