My Daybook Diary- 27 February 2010

Outside my window... The sun is shining, the air is clear and crisp- it is beautiful. I have been missing the sunshine. I hope it is here to stay.

I am thinking... I have to find some time to organize my thoughts and feelings because I am really starting to lose it. the trouble is every time I get a moment to myself- I fall asleep. Aarrgg- I hate that.


I am wondering... how I can possible help my family through the trails of life when I am struggling simply to keep my head above water.

I am wearing... a skirt, boots, a black shirt and sweater. I have on my silly multi colored button necklace too. I got it for E1 at the market in Aversa- got to love that!

I am reading...
A book called the Westing Game. it is kind of silly. I am also reading the diary of Anne Frnak to the boys- it is not silly at all!


I am creating... at this very moment- homemade whole wheat bread- yumm! I even ground the flour myself from wheat in our food storage (yes, I suppose I am patting my self on the back)

I am praying for... guidance to help Spencer, peace to deal with my own stresses, understanding for how I can help best fill Ross's needs, patience in dealing with the move, and strength to get everything done with a smile.


I am hearing... Spencer eating the pasta he made himself for lunch.

I am going... to go up stairs and get a drink of water- I am parched.

I am quoting... The Declaration of Independence, "We hold these truths to be self- evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

My spiritual thoughts include... my total and complete gratitude for the inspired men whose ideals were the foundation of our great nation. I can see the hand of the Lord in all of their endeavors for freedom. I know that the work they did was the work of the Lord and made the Restoration of the Gospel possible. I know that the Book of Mormon is a record of the commandments and blessings promised to the people in America. I hope we contiue to live according to those commandments so we can continue to recieve the Lords blessings!
 
Around the house... things are actually somewhat clean- it is nothing short of a miracle. I have not had a house keeper now since August and it is a real pain in the rump to keep this house clean. We can keep things in order without much trouble but keeping it clean in another story all together. Yesterday we had a toilet overflow so I had the mop bucket out when Ross got home from school. He came in the door and said, "Mom how come you are always acting like a janitor?" That is exactly what I want to know?

Today I miss... looking forward to an organized, fun filled summer. One that does not include moving halfway around the world!

I am hoping... We get Spencer an appointment sooner than the 9th so we can get those order in our hands. I am also hoping my Joanne's package comes soon.


I have been procrastinating... cleaning that up stairs cabinet. Seriously, it will only take 30 minutes and then I won't have to think about it anymore. I am doing it TODAY (or maybe tomorrow)!

One of my favorite things... homemade pasta- now I understand how an entire countries diet could revolve around pasta- when it is fresh and homemade it is AMAZING!

A few plans for the rest of the week... all the usual and getting both cars up and running- right now both are out of commission.

Here is picture to share...
Spencer among the ruins at the Valley of Temples in Sicily!

0 comments: