My Daybook Diary- 20 March 2011

Outside my window... it is completely dark as it is nearly 9 pm.  I am getting a much later start on this post than usual.

I am thinking... about how angry I am at myself.  How stupid I feel for a genuine mistake that is going to cost us dearly.  Of course, I never like to make mistakes but when the stakes are so high and the cost of messing up effects the people I love... it is even worse.

I am wondering... what I am supposed to be learning from my recent difficulties.  It seems like we have had our share of them lately and I am just wondering why.  I am a firm believer that every experience we are given (even the hard ones) shape us, mold us, prepare us to become who we need to be.  I am trying to view these heartaches in that way but to be honest I am just not seeing it right now.  I am wondering when the dark clouds will pass and the sun will shine brightly in my life again!

I am wearing... my jammies

I am reading... 1000 Gifts, Women, Food and God.  I just finished The Dragon Sanctuary and have to recommend the series to anyone with children.  It really is a great story.  I am heading out to Barnes and Nobel tomorrow to buy the final book in the series- then I can get serious about my "real" reading. 

I am creating... moving cards... that is the project of the week and I really have to get them done!  I won't be sending them out until June but I think you will like them when you get them!

I am praying for... peace, comfort and understanding.  I am praying for faith to weather the storm! 

I am hearing... (from a distance) Robert read to the boys.  He is so good to do that with them- they truly love it!

I am going... to go the the dentist this week.  I actually love getting my teeth cleaned.  I am just hoping that is all that has to be done.

I am quoting...  A sweet friend from church.  He is an older man with some physical and mental challenges and is without question, the sweetest person I have ever met.  Robert is his Home Teacher and he has really attached himself to us.  He has decided recently that he really enjoys giving us gifts.  Today he brought me two books one called " Fresh cut Flowers for Mother" and the other called "Chicken Soup for the Mothers Soul".  Of course, I was delighted and thought it was really kind of him but the cutey part (and the reason I am quoting him today) is what he said when he gave me the books.  He said," Laura these are for you.  This one (referring to Fresh cut flowers for Mother") is a book about Mother's and this one (referring to Chicken Soup for the Mothers Soul) is a recipe book"  I could not help but smile!  That kind of innocence and kindness and generosity makes my heart swell!    


My spiritual thoughts include... how grateful I am for the gospel in my life.  It is the anchor that keeps me on course when the seas of life get rough.  I honestly do not know how I would survive hard time without the knowledge, testimony and faith I have in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
Around the house... I am ready to make some changes and improvements to our stuff.  My project list is a mile long.  It consists mostly of painting but I have a sewing projects as well.  I am hoping I have time to get everything done before we move.

Today I miss... simpler times.

I am hoping... to finalize paperwork for the house and Pennfield this week.  It is past time to wrap these things up.
 

I have been procrastinating... hum... if I can't think of anything does that mean I am not procrastinating anything?  Probably not.  But I hope it means that whatever it is I have put off doesn't count against me since I can't remember what it is!
 
One of my favorite things... new socks.  It is a simple things but I just the love the feel of new socks.  It ranks right up there with new bed sheets!

A few plans for the rest of the week.... (sigh) do I really have to think about it?  Major changes to the boys school curriculum in preparation for next year, x-rays, dentist, Karate, Scouts, Leadership Training meeting, cookies, VTing, house, shopping.







Here is picture or two to share...



 
 
Spencer and and his little friend Janessa in the pumpkin hats they made.  Aren't they cute?  The hats and the kids!!  I am loving Spencer smile- wish I could get something like that out of him these days!  LOL!

1 comments:

  • Bonnie | March 25, 2011 at 9:46 PM

    Oh, how fun! I love your daybook entries. Don't blame yourself for the error, everyone makes them, you are entitled to a few yourself. I adore the photos of Spencie. Yes I'd love seeing that great big smile too.