My Daybook Diary- 16 January 2010

Outside my window... the sun is shining- yeah! It has been weeks and weeks and weeks of rain so the sun and its warmth are a welcomed site.

I am thinking... about how grateful I am to be able to spend the day with my family in the snow. It is something they all enjoy so much. I am grateful for the time and means to make it happen.

From the kitchen... a picnic of sandwiches, hot soup, fruit, veggies, yogurt and chips awaits us!

I am wondering...
how I could possibly be cold today- I am wearing 7 layers of clothing. Yet- I know at some point I will be.

I am wearing... snow gear.

I am reading...
nothing at the moment. But I am taking the last book of the WWII series I am reading. I am really excited to start it. This series has been eye opening and inspiring.


I am creating... nothing right now but I just finished a sign for Hazel and it is SO cute!

I am praying for... for safety for all of us today. My prayers always intensify when there is snow on the ground.
I am hearing... Spencer talk to me as he types a list of every friend he has ever had!

I am going... to enjoy the day!

I am quoting... a card I got as a gift from Christmas, it says, "Dreams come a size too big, so we have room to grow into them."

My spiritual thoughts include... how totally dependent I am on God for strength. I am reminded daily that without him- I am nothing. I am grateful for a knowledge and testimony that God know me. He understands my weakness and failings and that he is lovingly and willingly stretching out his hands to help me when I ask.

Around the house... the floors are dirty, the bathrooms need cleaning and there is stuff everywhere. Ahhhh- I can hardly stand spending the day playing when there is so much work to be done.

Today I miss... being smaller, leaner, stronger and more flexible. If I were all those things and a little more adventurous I might consider skiing with the rest of the family.

I am hoping... for the energy and patience I need to get through next week.

I have been procrastinating... writing a book called "Hey Naples" about my experiences in Italy.

One of my favorite things... watching my kids do something they really enjoy.

A few plans for the rest of the week... school, goals, seminary, organize, something fun with the boys, PE classes, cooking class, miss Robert (he is traveling), field trip to Benevento. Hum... things don't change much around here.

Here is picture to share...


I took this picture and just love it. Not only because it is Dad and Grandma but because it is Dad and Grandma in Italy! It was really fun to watch them share their time here together.

0 comments: